Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I didn't bake a batch of failed cookies today


Here they are.  No, they're not flat OR tall.


Here's a close up.
 I have a love/hate relationship with choco chip cookies.  I love the dough, I hate that every time I make them, they end up flat or mountainous.  Usually flat.  It makes me so stinking MAD!  Well, today I mad cookies and they turned out just the way I dream of cookies turning out.  It was glorious.  I'll share the recipe, just in case any of you chums want to try it out for yourselves. 

Chocolate Chip Cookies that Didn't Fail
1/2 c. butter- softened in my micro for 18 seconds
1/2 c. butter flavor crisco
3/4 c. brown sugar
3/4 c. white sugar
Cream all that crap together.
Now add:
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla- real live vanilla not the crappy fake stuff
Mix all the first crap with the eggs and vanilla
Now add:
3 1/4 c flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
Mix all this crap together- it'll be a little crumbly, just mix it good.
Finally add:
1/2 bag of guittard milk chocolate chips and 1/2 bag guittard semi sweet chocolate chips
Stir it up with a big strong spoon.
Place on baking sheet and bake 8-10 minutes in a pre-heated 375 oven.
Put the dough in the fridge while each batch is cooling and cool off the cookie sheets with cold water before you put more dough on it.  I've never done this before today- maybe it's why they turned out better.

Now Eat Them

5 comments:

Brynn said...

They look delish! But I don't have butter flavored crisco. Do you think it matters? And rinsing the sheet after each baking seems like so much work.
You now have 2 followers. You are popular.

Danna said...

I don't know if butter flavor makes a difference or not. Besides, your cookies always turn out perfect anyway- you don't need my tips.

Danna said...

Oh- and yeah- I'm super popular.

Tiffany McAlister said...

I'm going to try these...Because my cookies are always flat, too. I always thought it was me...

Jacque said...

After working in a bakery forever let me give you a little tip, flat cookies means not enough flour, big tall cookies means to much flour. If the first pan comes out flat add a little more flour to the dough. If they are tall cookies sometimes if you add a little more butter it might save them.
They looked really good and now I want Choc. chip cookies...