Monday, February 21, 2011

President's Day 2011


I mostly put this picture on so I could label it as'Babe'raham Lincoln








So  today is President's Day.  I spent a tiny bit of time thinking about our presidents.  It's a job I'd never want, but I'm thankful that there were some honest, noble men in the past that were willing to do their best to help create and uphold America.  If Ryan were posting this, you'd get a much more passionate post about presidents and America, etc., but it's just me, so....God Bless America.


This is not actually BuckBeak.  I couldn't find a picture of him.  He looked like this though.
Today was also the end of our Idahoan Barred Rock Rooster.  Madison caught a chick that we thought would grow up to be a rooster at Melba Days 2 summers ago.  We traded for a different chick that was supposed to be a hen.  He grew up to be a boy.  Nobody had the heart to chop his head off, because Maddie is so sensitive and tender hearted toward the chickens.  Imagine my relief, when we went out to water and feed them today, there was old BuckBeak, laying dead in the coop!  This rooster was a mean one.  He chased everybody and almost cut Ryan up with his deadly spurs!  I'm not sure why he's dead.  All I know is that he is.